Science Based Targets (SBT)
The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) aims at promoting private companies’ climate action through emissions reduction targets grounded in science. SBTi is a partnership between the CDP (ex-Carbon Disclosure Project), the UN Global Compact, the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Wide Fund (WWF).
A Science Based Target is a GHG emissions reduction target based on climate science. To be more specific, this is in line with the decarbonisation efforts needed to keep the global temperature rise to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels.
- Achieve a tangible and immediate progress towards the net-zero transition;
- Better positioning and competitive advantage over other major players in the field;
- Innovation, which translates into higher efficiency and lower costs;
- Greater appreciation from customers, investors, and other stakeholders;
- Strengthen ESG rating such as CDP scores;
- Reduce climate risks: “business as usual may mean no business at all”;
- A better vision for their long-term climate strategy and planning.
Why should you rely on Carbonsink?
We’re the first CDP partner offering SBTi support in Italy, with nearly 10 targets approved in 2021. Carbonsink provides companies with a seamless assistance in the definition, submission and approval of SBTi targets.
Virtuous businesses will find high-level competency, solid experience, and professional support at all stages (e.g., measure, reduce, compensate, and communicate) of their net-zero climate strategy.